Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12 - Christmas Baking and Cookies

My mom and I take our Christmas baking very very seriously.

We do not take well to trying to be outdone by others. And I don't think the rest of my family will ever let us live down The Great Cookie Fight from a few years ago.

Here is our current list of items for this year, encompassing a mix of old family recipes, and new recently discovered ones:

  • Pumpkin Bread
  • Nut Cake
  • Chocolate-Mint Squares
  • Peanut-Butter Cookies
  • Chocolate-Chip Cookies  (both with and without nuts)
  • Chocolate-Crinkle Cookies
  • Mini Shoo-Fly Pies (Thanks Sue!)
  • Shortbread Meltaways (with toffee bits)
  • Cat-Whiskers (white-chocolate, pretzels, and nuts)
  • Peanut-Butter Blossoms (with dark-chocolate Hershey-kisses)
  • Butter Cut-Out Cookies...with 2 pounds of butter (some frosted, which have to be hidden from one brother, and some with just sprinkles)
If anyone would like the recipe for any of the ones above, leave a comment and I will send it to you.

I would also love to know what everyone else is making for their Christmas baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment