We do not take well to trying to be outdone by others. And I don't think the rest of my family will ever let us live down The Great Cookie Fight from a few years ago.
Here is our current list of items for this year, encompassing a mix of old family recipes, and new recently discovered ones:
- Pumpkin Bread
- Nut Cake
- Chocolate-Mint Squares
- Peanut-Butter Cookies
- Chocolate-Chip Cookies (both with and without nuts)
- Chocolate-Crinkle Cookies
- Mini Shoo-Fly Pies (Thanks Sue!)
- Shortbread Meltaways (with toffee bits)
- Cat-Whiskers (white-chocolate, pretzels, and nuts)
- Peanut-Butter Blossoms (with dark-chocolate Hershey-kisses)
- Butter Cut-Out Cookies...with 2 pounds of butter (some frosted, which have to be hidden from one brother, and some with just sprinkles)
I would also love to know what everyone else is making for their Christmas baking!