Monday, October 3, 2011

New Music Monday: The Joy Formidable

I’ve really been feelin’ the girl power bands lately for some reason. So, this week’s girl-fronting kick*ss band is The Joy Formidable.



The Joy Formidable is another band that iTunes has been recommending to me for awhile now, but I just never got around to checking them out.

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago when I witnessed their performance on the Conan show, and as Conan O’Brien himself said- it was sheer madness.

Side Note: I highly recommend checking out the documentary Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop. Hilarious and poignant at the same time.



The Joy Formidable is a three-piece band originating from North Wales and is reminiscent of Passion Pit (they did after all tour together), but they unquestionably have their own unique sound (think 80’s Brit rock meets modern alternative rock, heavy on the guitar).





This is surely a band to keep your eyes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment