Monday, October 31, 2011

Dear Snow,

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Monday post for this important message:


Dear Snow,

I never thought I would have to write a letter like this to you. We have had many happy years together, filled with laughs, sparkling days, and quiet nights. I’ll admit, we have had our tough times. I know that I certainly have had my fair share of restless, cold nights, and sore muscles from having to clean up after you. But even when things got tough, and everyone said I should give up on you…I never did, I’ve always defended you and your often unreasonable actions.

But this time is different. I don’t think I can forgive you this time.

There’s no going back for us after what you have done.

I don’t even understand why you would do it. You never have before. You even made yourself look bad by ruining your yearly debut, and you increased others’ distrust and dislike for you.

And I have to admit; even I could forgive all that. I could even forgive the fact that, because of you, my family and many others will not have power for several days. I could maybe even learn to deal with the huge mess and misery that you caused all over Berks County.

But this,



This, I can not forgive you for.

You took away Fall from me; my favorite season, which I barely got to appreciate. You ruined all of the beautiful leaves, pumpkins, and mums. You made me go straight to my winter jacket rather than just a sweatshirt and scarf. Even my mom, who has always welcomed you into our home so graciously, said that this weekend was meant for bike rides, not shoveling snow. You hijacked my favorite season and turned it into something cold and troublesome. And that is unforgiveable.

Were you jealous of what Fall and I had together? Is that why you did it? Cause if so, all you did was make me not trust you and have an even greater respect, appreciation, and love for Fall.

Or did you just want the attention? Because then you certainly achieved your goal.

But just remember, that as you bask in all your Snowtober glory, you have forever lost a faithful and loving companion because of your selfish ways.

Sincerely, Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment