Monday, January 30, 2012

New Music Monday - BOY

I have a confession to make.

I have a really big crush on a boy.

Okay, well, not a boy, but rather BOY, the German duo Valeska Steiner and Sonja Glass...another musical gem I discovered courtesy of You, Me, and Charlie.

mail-6

These lovely ladies' debut album Mutual Friends is not yet available in the US, but that hasn't kept me from rummaging up every song of theirs that I could. And I love what I've found!

There's some songs that are boppy and delightfully catchy, like "Little Numbers"


I don't know about you, but I definitely want to start carrying around a mini piano with me everywhere I go.


Others, are insightful and relatable, but still beautifully catchy, like "Army" and "Skin".



But I think my favorite thing about many of their songs, like "Waitress" and "Drive Darling" is that they express a lot of the same sentiments that I have about life right now too. Songs about trying to find yourself as you make that transition into the real world, setting off on your own, and waiting for your life to really start.






These lovely songstresses write beautiful songs that I think just about everyone can relate to, or at the very least will make you smile.

I'm "waiting for things to explode" for these gals when the rest of the world gets a taste of their music!

No comments:

Post a Comment