Sunday, October 7, 2012

Listening as of Late

I suppose I must resign myself to simply posting now and again my favorite listening as of late rather than every Monday.

I will hopefully be able to get my act together enough to make another Fall playlist again this year before Fall is over.

Until then, here are some great albums that I have had on repeat lately.



Southern Air - Yellowcard


Yellowcard is one of the bands that will forever conjure up memories of past summers spent listening to pop-punk music. But Yellowcard I think is one of the few bands to have successfully come out of that period of music with their respect maintained and continuing to make good, not-embarrassed-if-you-catch-me-listening music: music that you still want to blast as you drive around in the sunshine with all of your windows down and with a few sentimental ballads that always make me tear up...just a little (damn you Ryan Key). 

With feel-good songs like Here I Am Alive and Always Summer:



And tear-jerkers (okay, maybe it's just me) such as Ten and Telescope:


Southern Air is just as memorable as their other albums.


Mirage Rock - Band of Horses


I was over the moon by the fact that I got to see Band of Horses play live back in August. Hearing them perform live has forever spoiled me and listening to a recording is no longer as satisfying. But the fact that their new album, Mirage Rock was released a few weeks ago certainly helped. I may need a few more listens before I like this one as much as their last album, but I'm on my way. 




If you have been living under a (mirage) rock and never heard of these guys, then now is the perfect time to become acquainted with this one-of-a-kind band.


Tempest - Bob Dylan



While I realize that Dylan is not exactly everyone's cup of tea, he certainly is mine, so I was super excited to hear that he had a new album come out, particularly since it's the first one on which he has written all of the songs for in a while. 

Cup of tea or not, everyone should experience at least a little Bob Dylan in his life.




Babel - Mumford & Sons


Considering Babel has so far sold the more copies in it's first week than any other album this year (take that Justin Bieber!), I certainly hope that you have heard about it. And I really hope that you have heard the first single since it is absolutely terrific.




This highly anticipated follow-up to Mumford & Sons' (or The Mumfords as some people I know call them) Sigh No More was well worth the wait. And if you spring for the deluxe edition, you get some great bonus tracks including a cover of The Boxer.




Here are a few random songs I've been loving recently as well:

Headlights - Morning Parade


Heart Sing - BIGkids


Skyfall - Adele




Agree, disagree?

Listening to anything good lately?

Favorite Fall songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment