Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day (Part 2)

Today is a day to celebrate mothers, all mothers. 

That means if you have children of your own, or are a grandmother, godmother, or any kind of mother-figure to someone, this is a day to recognize the sacrifices you have made, the guidance you have given, the laughs you have shared, and the love you have bestowed. 

It is a day to celebrate all women: the mothers of the past, present, and future.

Today (every day really, but today especially) is a day I remember my grandmother, my mom's mom, and all that she taught me about what it means to be a good, hard-working, and loving person; it is a day that I try to show my mom how grateful I am to her for always putting me and my brothers before everything else; it is a day that I look forward to celebrating with children of my own as I try to live up to the incredible example of mothers that my family has set.


     
     
My Grandmother, My Mom, and I, all at the same age...heredity truly is astounding.



I hope appearance is not the only thing that gets passed down from mother to daughter; I hope that their mothering ability gets passed down because I honestly could not ask for two better examples of moms.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there!

1 comment: