I once heard a "Lonely Hearts Club" described as being for those who are "single with hope" (hello out there my fellow Gleeks!). It's important for all of us single-dons to remain hopeful. How else will we survive the explosion of red roses, candy hearts, and fuzzy bears that bombard us from all angles at this time of year?
Here are some songs to remind you that love is always just around the corner, and until then, everything will be okay.
The Lonely Hearts Club
- Paul McCartney – Silly Love Songs
- Florence + The Machine – Dog Days Are Over
- Feist – 1234
- The Killers – When You Were Young
- Coldplay - Don't Let It Break Your Heart
- Nina Simone – Feeling Good (From "The Roar Of The Greasepaint")
- Nada Surf – Concrete Bed
- A Fine Frenzy – Hope For The Hopeless
- Diana Ross & The Supremes – You Can't Hurry Love
- Queen – Somebody To Love
*Note: I resisted the temptation to include any Journey songs. You're welcome.As far as movies are concerned...every single romantic comedy sends this message. And since I am currently experiencing a mind block of some of the best rom com's for this post...fill in the blank!
Although, this one is ironically appropriate...
And if you are no longer single with hope, but are in fact in love...then come back tomorrow!