We've all had Valentine's Days that we spend cursing every couple we see. And a lot of people just plain dislike the idea of Valentine'sDay
And that's okay, since a large part of the advertising and promotion of Valentine's Day is presented in a manner that makes anyone who is single feel like a leper.
In my opinion, this makes it perfectly acceptable to harbor a few bitter feelings about Valentine's Day, so here are some songs and movies to support this endeavor.
Love to Hate Valentine's Day
- The Black Keys – Next Girl
- Christina Perri – bang bang bang
- Fleetwood Mac – Never Going Back Again
- Sara Bareilles – Fairytale
- Adele – Set Fire To The Rain
- Nancy Sinatra – These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- St. Vincent – Cheerleader
- Pentatonix – Forget You / Since U Been Gone
- She & Him – Gonna Get Along Without You Now
- The Weepies – They're In Love, Where Am I?
Here are two great movies (and two of my personal favorites) that showcase how sometimes not being in a relationship can inspire you to take on new challenges and do great things, just for yourself. No matter your relationship status, you will feel pretty darn happy after watching these movies.
|500 Days of Summer|
|The First Wives Club|
Are there any other ways in which you plan to not celebrate Valentine's Day?
If you still plan on celebrating V-Day, but with your friends or your own lovely self, then come back tomorrow for The Lonely Hearts Club edition.