Friday, August 19, 2011

Websites: The Celebrity Edition

The number of webpages on the internet is staggering, and while a lot of those websites are complete rubbish, I have also found some pretty amazing (and addicting) sites during my travels through the world-wide web. And as my friend Alex can attest, I enjoy sharing my finds with others in order to spread the addiction enjoyment, so expect several of these types of posts.

Here are three of my, recently-discovered, favorite sites, all of which happen to be founded, or co-founded, by celebrities.



I have already confessed to my love of Zooey Deschanel so you can imagine that I was pretty stoked when I encountered HelloGiggles.
Founded by actress/musician Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi and writer/Internet Sensation Molly McAleer, hellogiggles.com is the ultimate entertainment destination for smart, independent and creative females. Everything hosted on the site will be lady-friendly, so visitors need not worry about finding the standard Boys Club content that makes many entertainment sites unappealing to so many of us.”
A website filled to the brim with articles, reviews, etc. written by many talented, funny, and intelligent women? Yes, please! Visiting this site makes me feel like I’m reading stories from all of my long-lost friends as opposed to it being “just another entertainment website”. I think that everyone can find something on here that will bring a giggle to their lips, from video-chat karaoke, to reliving all the episodes of Saved by the Bell. Heck, these kickass women can put a smile on your face even while touching on more serious issues. It’s also where I happened to discover the previously blogged about Brother/Sister. Oh, and they are all for revisiting aspects from their childhoods, which is right up my alley. So head on over to say “hello” and share in a giggle or two.

hitRECord

If you are a fan of Zooey Deschanel, then it’s kind of an unspoken rule that you also like Joseph Gordon-Levitt. And if that is not the case, then you are not human in my opinion. Plus, how can you not love a guy that would come up with something like this:

HITRECORD.ORG is a project I started almost five years ago now, and in 2010, we evolved into a professional open collaborative production company. We create and develop art and media collaboratively here on our site. So rather than just exhibiting and admiring each other's work as isolated individuals, we gather here to collectively work on projects together. Videos, writing, photography, music, anything -- we call them all RECords.”

Since I do not consider myself to be very talented, I have not officially joined this site and collaborated, but I enjoy going on and browsing through all the different RECords. So far, my favorite things to browse are the snippets of poetry, or “mini-stories”, and then seeing the illustrations that people have suggested to go along with the text. If you do not feel like going on the site and browsing through tons of RECords, then maybe try this instead:
Recollection
Let me just say that the amount and caliber of talent that is out there in the world is truly incredible and hitRECord.org is one endless web of talent and collaboration, one that you have to experience for yourself.


Am I the only person who thinks that Gwyneth Paltrow is pretty much perfection personified? Is there anything that this gorgeous, multi-talented woman CAN’T do? Because of this, if someone were to say to me: “Would you like to receive weekly advice, recipes, and suggestions from Gwyneth Paltrow?”, I would say: “Where do I sign up?”


Oh…right here!

Goop is a newsletter that will usually come once a week. I will be sharing recipes, my personal travel notes, the advice that I get and follow, and so much more. GOOP is constantly evolving- I'm excited to have you join us.”

The topics for each newsletter consist of suggestions and thoughts on what to Make, Get, Do, Be, See, or where to Go, from how to put together the perfect cheeseboard, to ways to relieve stress.
While all past newsletters are nicely cataloged on the website for easy reference, it is nice to know that you don’t have to go looking for new information since it just shows up in your inbox! I can’t wait to try out some of these recipes and read more of her travel notes!

Hopefully, if you are reading this, you will enjoy one, two or all three of these sites. Or maybe you think I’m behind, if so, let me know what websites you think I may be missing out on.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment